    Thank you very much.

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    Boki, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Boki

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:42:47 -0000, Boki <> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or
    > that
    > is useful ) for java programmer?
    >

    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Boki.

    Boki, it's not clear what you are asking. Are you talking about
    certification/accreditation of software developers working with Java, or
    do you mean software licences for programs developed with Java?

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.dandyer.co.uk

    Daniel Dyer, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Boki

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:42:47 +0800, "Boki" <>

    > Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or that
    >is useful ) for java programmer?

    nothing. Neither for the JVM. You can get CERTIFIED to help impress
    employers. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/certification.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Boki

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Boki" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or

    that
    > is useful ) for java programmer?

    Most Java programmers are very tame, and usually have all their
    immunizations. Most are also house-broken. Because of that, employers are
    not required to have a license for them.
    ;-)

    Hal Rosser, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Boki

    Guest

    > Most Java programmers are very tame

    Don't be so sure of that... I have seen some of them byte.

    <rimshot/>

    , Nov 18, 2005
  6. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Sorry, I mean certification/accreditation. : )

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    "Daniel Dyer" <>
    ???????:eek:...

    Boki, Nov 18, 2005
  7. Boki

    Guest

    It is useful. :)

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    , Nov 18, 2005
  8. Boki wrote:
    > Sorry, I mean certification/accreditation. : )

    You should verify that people know how to code in Java for the kind of
    projects you are working on.

    --
    David N. Welton
    - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

    Linux, Open Source Consulting
    - http://www.dedasys.com/

    David N. Welton, Nov 18, 2005
  9. Hal Rosser wrote:
    > Most Java programmers are very tame, and usually have all their
    > immunizations. Most are also house-broken. Because of that, employers are
    > not required to have a license for them.
    > ;-)

    I have met a few that I hope were neutered, and always make sure you
    have your programmers microchipped in case they get out of the house...

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

    Darryl L. Pierce, Nov 18, 2005
  10. Boki

    zero Guest

    "Boki" <> wrote in

    > Sorry, I mean certification/accreditation. : )
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Boki.

    There are several organisations that give java certification. But there
    are a lot more Java programmers who just learned it on their own, or at a
    school (without special certification). This does not mean they're any
    less good than the certified programmers.

    Companies should test the candidate's skills, not rely on certificates. An
    evaluation period works very well for this.

    zero, Nov 18, 2005