    I'm studing java package, encounted "transient" keyword in its source.
    what's the mean? and how do I use it?

    thanks!

    Se-Jin Park, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Se-Jin Park

    Chris Smith Guest

    Se-Jin Park <> wrote:
    > I'm studing java package, encounted "transient" keyword in its source.
    > what's the mean? and how do I use it?

    The transient keyword is somewhat odd. It's completely non-functional
    from a language standpoint. However, libraries may inspect a class by
    reflection and determine which of its fields are declared transient.

    The intent is that persistence mechanisms, such as serialization, will
    use transient to ignore certain data that should not be persistently
    stored. Serialization does, in fact, do this.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Nov 18, 2004