    2. what value is assigned to 'x' by the following statement, assuming
    'x' is 10.0?
    x = x - 20.0;

    Jimbo1873, Aug 18, 2006

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2

    > 1. what value is assigned to the type 'double' variable 'x' by the
    > statement
    > x = 25.0 * / 2.5;

    Why don't you try it yourself?

    --
    Thomas

    Thomas J. Gritzan, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Jimbo1873

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Jimbo1873 wrote:

    > Hi can someone help me with these problems.
    > 1. what value is assigned to the type 'double' variable 'x' by the
    > statement
    > x = 25.0 * / 2.5;

    None.

    > 2. what value is assigned to 'x' by the following statement, assuming
    > 'x' is 10.0?
    > x = x - 20.0;

    Isn't that obvious?

    Btw: please always post minimal, but complete programs, not just single
    lines of code without context.

    Rolf Magnus, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Jimbo1873

    red floyd Guest

    Jimbo1873 wrote:
    > [blatant "do my homework" redacted]

    If you give me your instructor's email address, I'll send the answers
    directly to him, and save you the trouble.

    red floyd, Aug 18, 2006
  5. Jimbo1873

    Guest

    Jimbo1873 wrote:
    > Hi can someone help me with these problems.

    <Snipped>
    > 2. what value is assigned to 'x' by the following statement, assuming
    > 'x' is 10.0?
    > x = x - 20.0;

    Ummm, if you can't figure this out, the best advice I can give you is
    to switch to a degree program in fine arts or humanities.

    , Aug 18, 2006