    intermediary like xml?

    mark

    , Dec 15, 2005

  2. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > if i have 2 datasources with different table names and column headers
    > that i want to merge i.e. "ptitle" and "name" whats the best way of
    > doing this? are there any standard routines or should i use something
    > intermediary like xml?
    >
    > mark

    Do you need to do it programmatically via ASP?

    If it's a one-time effort you could export both to MS-Excel
    then cut-and-paste to achieve the merge then import it
    back into your database.

    If a different approach is required then tell us more and
    include the type of database and it's version.

    McKirahan, Dec 15, 2005

    no its ongoing - i want to 'import' data from different sources as the
    data i get supplied in is always in a different schema.

    , Dec 15, 2005
  4. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > no its ongoing - i want to 'import' data from different sources as the
    > data i get supplied in is always in a different schema.

    I would probably write a script that maps one database table
    to the other and reads from the one and inserts into the other.

    McKirahan, Dec 15, 2005
  5. copy and paste from within access... or write a lot of code

    those are really the choices

    Kyle Peterson, Dec 15, 2005