Wheel mouse supprt on Windows 98

Manish Hatwalne

I have written this small test app, and it supports wheel - mouse on Windows
2000. However hen this app is run on Windows 98, it does not support whell
mouse scrolling. Is it a known issue? I couldn't find its mention in the
bug-parade. The bug
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4474916.html
mentions that this behaviour is not expected on Windows 98. The JVM used is
JDK 1.4.1

======================= code ====================================

import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;

import java.util.Vector;

public class WheelMouse extends JFrame
{

public WheelMouse()
{
super("Testing Wheel Mouse");

Vector listNumbers = new Vector();

for(int i=0; i < 100 ; i++)
{
listNumbers.add(i+1 + "");
}

JList list = new JList(listNumbers);
JScrollPane pane = new JScrollPane(list);
this.getContentPane().add(pane);

System.out.println("Wheel scrolling is - " +
(pane.isWheelScrollingEnabled() == true ? "enabled" : "disabled"));

//close window
addWindowListener(new WindowAdapter()
{
public void windowClosing(WindowEvent e)
{
dispose();
System.exit(0);
}
});
}

public static void main(String args[])
{
System.out.println("Starting WheelMouse...");
WheelMouse mainFrame = new WheelMouse();
mainFrame.pack();
mainFrame.setVisible(true);

Any insights would be very useful.

TIA,