    Could someone advise me when Sun introduce JSP, J2ee to the public?

    Thank you!

    Stanley

    Stan, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Stan

    Berlin Brown Guest

    Stan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could someone advise me when Sun introduce JSP, J2ee to the public?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Stanley

    From my little book, here;

    Oak was created around 1994.
    Oak changed named to Java around 1995 and a web browser WebRunner to
    HotJava.

    It looks like j2ee was created around 1995 too, cant be sure though?

    Berlin Brown, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Stan

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Berlin Brown wrote:

    > It looks like j2ee was created around 1995 too, cant be sure though?

    Nope. Came out much later

    Jon A. Cruz, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Stan

    Tony Morris Guest

    "Stan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could someone advise me when Sun introduce JSP, J2ee to the public?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Stanley

    The J2EE 1.2 Specification was released on 17 December, 1999 containing the
    JSP 1.1 Specification.

    --
    Tony Morris
    Software Engineer

    Tony Morris, Feb 10, 2004
  5. Stan

    Chris Smith Guest

    Tony Morris wrote:
    > The J2EE 1.2 Specification was released on 17 December, 1999 containing the
    > JSP 1.1 Specification.

    It's worth noting that this is not the first public release of either
    J2EE or JSP. I recall developing in JSP 1.0; that's in fact where all
    of the "JSP mixes Java code with HTML" complaints come from; back in
    1.1, JSP was quite ASP-like and that was your only option.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Feb 10, 2004
  6. Stan

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Chris Smith wrote:
    > Tony Morris wrote:
    > It's worth noting that this is not the first public release of either
    > J2EE or JSP. I recall developing in JSP 1.0; that's in fact where all
    > of the "JSP mixes Java code with HTML" complaints come from; back in
    > 1.1, JSP was quite ASP-like and that was your only option.

    In 1998 I worked on migrating some of our code to the 'new' servlets
    paradigm.

    Jon A. Cruz, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Stan

    Tony Morris Guest

    "Chris Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Tony Morris wrote:
    > > The J2EE 1.2 Specification was released on 17 December, 1999 containing

    the
    > > JSP 1.1 Specification.
    > >

    > It's worth noting that this is not the first public release of either
    > J2EE or JSP. I recall developing in JSP 1.0; that's in fact where all
    > of the "JSP mixes Java code with HTML" complaints come from; back in
    > 1.1, JSP was quite ASP-like and that was your only option.
    >
    > --
    > www.designacourse.com
    > The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

    > MindIQ Corporation

    I recall those days as well, hence my apprehension to suggest that it was
    the "first" release.
    I couldn't find anything more on the Sun site.

    --
    Tony Morris
    Software Engineer

    Tony Morris, Feb 10, 2004