When does a postback occur

Tony Johansson

Hello!

Assume a drag a webb asp:server control to the aspx page.
If I then run the page and then click on the button will a postback be sent
to the server.

I just want to know when a postback occur ?

//Tony

bruce barker

it will depend on the control. in vanilla html only <input> with the
type submit or image, or <button> with type of submit button will
postback when clicked.

in asp.net only the asp:button and asp:imagebutton postback with out
using javascript (even they use it client validation is done). so its up
to each control you use if they do a postback and what ui interaction
causes it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)