When is the Exception thrown in case of Oracle driver when calling a stored procedure

Discussion in 'Java' started by Chads Ford, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Chads Ford

    Chads Ford Guest

    Hello all, For executing a stored procedure one does something like
    the following:

    CallableStatement cStmt = Connection.prepareCall(sql);
    cStmt.registerOutParameter(parameterIndex,sqlType);
    cStmt.setString("blah");
    cStmt.execute()
    result = cStmt.getString(index);

    Now according to javadoc the Exception can be thrown at either when
    doing the Connection.prepareCall(..) or when doing the
    CallableStatement.execute() and its supposed to be depenedent on the
    driver.

    I am using the Oracle driver from classes111.zip but I can't find in
    the documentation where its supposed to throw the Exception? I think
    it throws it when one does the CallableStatement.execute() and not
    when one does the Connection.prepareCall()

    Can anyone verify this or point to to some document?

    thanks

    Chads Ford, Aug 16, 2003