    Hope someone will be able to help in someway. Thanks in
    anticipation.:)

    Saptarshi

    sapta, May 24, 2007

  2. sapta

    Lew Guest

    Re: When user clicks on a link twice before the first click is completelyprocessed..

    sapta wrote:
    > In my webpage which is JSP, user clicks on a link twice even before
    > the first click is fully processed. This is causing malfunctioning in
    > the application. We are using WAS server. My question is can we stop
    > it without coding or designing the application in our own way? To be
    > more specific, can this be restricted in WAS server itself? Has anyone
    > ever faced this issue? how else can these be solved?

    The application is broken in that it does not make submissions idempotent (act
    only the first time invoked). You need to fix the application.

    Do not fall into the bottomleess Pit of Despair of trying to "disable the back
    button" or otherwise affect browser behavior from the server.

    When an application has such a major gaff as failing to handle inputs
    correctly, there is little to no long-term help obtained by grafting external
    solutions onto the problem.

    Consider a servlet filter to guarantee idempotency. You might use the Token
    Pattern in it.

    I think your only real solution is to fix the broken application. You can put
    lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, May 24, 2007