Where are cookies stored ?

Paul White

I'm playing around with cookies via ASP.

Where does the phyical cookie get stored ?

Adrienne

I'm playing around with cookies via ASP.

Where does the phyical cookie get stored ?

If a user accepts cookies, then they are stored in a special area by the
user's browser.

If you would like to see cookies in action, block or accept, get the
CookieWall from AnalogX (free) -
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm

ASP session cookies are a slightly different animal. If a user is
blocking all cookies, including session cookies, then session variables
like session("sessionid") will not work either.

Here the way I use to see if users are accepting session cookies.

For example,

At the top of page 1 you do:
<%
dim thesessionid

thesessionid = session("SessionId")
%>

and a link: <a href="cookietest.asp?id=<%=thesessionid%>">Test Cookie</a>

Then on cookietest.asp do this:

<%
dim thesessionid

thesessionid = request.querystring("thesessionid")

if thesessionid = session("SessionID") then
response.write "We have a winner"
else
response.write "Use some other method to pass variables"
end if
%>