Where are the themes?

rory.groves

I expected to run into numerous galleries of ASP.NET 2.0 Themes and
Skins, but have come up with NOTHING so far, other than a promise of a
theme gallery on www.asp.net that is non-existent.

Whats the deal?? Is MS dropping support for this already?

Microsoft has "starter kits" but those are much more involved. I'm just
looking for a gallery of templates that i can drop into my app_themes
directory, ready to go.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
other than a promise of a theme gallery on www.asp.net that is non-existent

Yup. That was promised for Beta 2, but was never delivered.

re:
I'm just looking for a gallery of templates that i can
drop into my app_themes directory, ready to go.

Erika Ehrli Cabral created 8 which she gives away. See them here :
http://www.dotnettreats.com/SampleThemes/Default.aspx

Download them here :
http://www.dotnettreats.com/tools/Default.aspx

Scott Allen has a good tutorial/background info here:
http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/423.aspx

You can also *purchase* ready-made themes from MicroThemes :
http://www.microthemes.net/

re:
Whats the deal?? Is MS dropping support for this already?

I don't think so. Just because they haven't delivered on
a promise for a Beta doesn't mean that Theming is dead.

It's very much alive. It's just that it's up to you to put together what you need.
Don't get used to being spoon-fed.

;-)