where can I find good samples for efficient computation of matrix multiplication?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by walala, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. walala

    walala Guest

    Dear all,

    I am facing a problem about matrix multiplication using VHDL.

    The target is to compute ZZ=XX*A' (8x8 matrix multiplication, XX is the
    input). This is a 1-D IDCT. Can you tell me where can I find good samples
    for efficient computation of this kind of matrix multiplication, using
    minium resources?

    Thank you very much,

    -Walala

    -- A'=
    -- 91 91 91 91 91 91 91 91
    -- 126 106 71 25 -25 -71 -106 -126
    -- 118 49 -49 -118 -118 -49 49 118
    -- 106 -25 -126 -71 71 126 25 -106
    -- 91 -91 -91 91 91 -91 -91 91
    -- 71 -126 25 106 -106 -25 126 -71
    -- 49 -118 118 -49 -49 118 -118 49
    -- 25 -71 106 -126 126 -106 71 -25

    walala, Sep 12, 2003

  2. walala

    vipinlal

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2010
    Messages:
    38
    here is the code..
    vhdlguru.blogspot.com/2010/03/matrix-multiplication-in-vhdl.html

    vipinlal, Mar 24, 2010

  3. walala

    joris

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    152
    Using minimal resources... that sounds like you would prefer to do this piecewise; seems that'll need more (less simple) code though

    joris, Mar 24, 2010