Where do I get FFT, is ok if it uses real inputs only

Robert Macy

I need a superfast fft function. The input is a sampled waveform so
all the input values will be real. The result, or course, will be
complex.

Need it to be from free source, too.

- Robert -

Victor Bazarov

Robert said:
I need a superfast fft function. The input is a sampled waveform so
all the input values will be real. The result, or course, will be
complex.

Need it to be from free source, too.

And "comp.lang.c++" just screams to you "this is the place to get an fft
function, superfast and free", right? Shall we gift-wrap it for you too?

Go to a web search engine and do your research there. If you have a C++
_language_ question, come back and ask it.

Robert Macy

Actually, I just came from multiple searches for C++ FFT's

The best was using google with 8 hits - a single hit to the forge group
and seven hits to the same email posted at different locations.

But thank you for your worthwhile suggestion.

- Robert -

Robert Macy

Thank you for your reply.

This is *exactly* the type of resource I need that seems to continually
allude me as I do searches on the internet.

- Robert -

Chris Hulbert

Robert said:
Thank you for your reply.

This is *exactly* the type of resource I need that seems to continually
allude me as I do searches on the internet.

- Robert -

Stop whining. Go get FFTW and learn to use extern "C".

stevenj

The FFTW header file already uses extern "C" automatically when you
include it from C++, so there is no need to do anything special.

Robert Macy

Thank you for your reply.

I found fftw mentioned in searches, but had no idead what it meant.

I have since downloaded their binary and will try implementing it.

- Robert -