    web http://www.4momo.de
    mail momo dot beller at t-online dot de
    gpgkey http://gpg.notlong.com
    Moritz Beller, Nov 7, 2004

  2. "Moritz Beller" <> wrote...
    > Given an array of chars such as
    > char array[] = "Umlauts öäü"
    > (that is definitely able to handle those special characters) a
    > conversion to string returns in getting ripped of the special characters
    > oau. Obviously, this is something I don't wanna see happen, but
    > otherwise, I don't even have a clue on how to avoid it.
    >
    > Any help urgently required ;-)

    String literals cannot contain "extended" characters directly. You
    need to put them there in the form of the universal-character-name
    or an escape sequence. For example, the u-umlaut has Unicode code
    00FC, so you'd probably put it there using \u00fc. Your literal
    should become

    "Umlauts \u00f6\u00e4\u00fc"

    (I couldn't test this on my system, though). I bet those things are
    platform-specific.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 7, 2004