    developer.classpath.org/doc/javax/crypto/Cipher-source.html>.
    Unfortunately, it still leaves me guessing as to where Java's
    implementation of AES actually is. Any ideas?

    yawnmoth, Apr 25, 2007

  2. yawnmoth

    rossum Guest

    On 25 Apr 2007 09:53:53 -0700, yawnmoth <> wrote:

    >According to <http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Security/
    >AES/AES_v1.html>, you can encrypt stuff with AES using
    >javax.crypto.Cipher (among other objects). I downloaded the Java
    >sources at <http://download.java.net/jdk6/> and did not find any
    >crypto.* classes in the directory I would have expected to - the j2se
    >\src\share\classes\javax . Every other class I can think of is
    >implemented in j2se\src\share\classes\*, so why not crypto?
    >
    >Never-the-less, I did find a copy of it at <http://
    >developer.classpath.org/doc/javax/crypto/Cipher-source.html>.
    >Unfortunately, it still leaves me guessing as to where Java's
    >implementation of AES actually is. Any ideas?

    It is in javax.crypto.Cipher as you suspected. There is no explicit
    AES class, it is one of the possible cyphers that Cipher can use. You
    specify it in the transformation string: cypher/mode/padding.

    Cipher myAESCypher = Cipher.getInstance("AES/CBC/PKCS5Padding");

    Your implementation will throw an error if it does not have AES
    available.

    rossum

    rossum, Apr 25, 2007