    jeniffer Guest

    Stdio.h just has the declaration of printf function.Where is the body
    of printf function defined?
    jeniffer, May 15, 2006

  2. jeniffer

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "jeniffer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Stdio.h just has the declaration of printf function.Where is the body
    > of printf function defined?

    In the standard library implementation that
    gets linked with your application code.
    Some vendors provide its source code, others
    do not. But note that many of the library
    functions are necessarily platform-specific
    (e.g. the code will directly address particular
    hardware types such as video controllers, etc.,
    and won't be portable to other platforms.)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, May 15, 2006

  3. jeniffer

    Joe Smith Guest

    "Mike Wahler" <> wrote in message

    > "jeniffer" <> wrote in message
    >> Stdio.h just has the declaration of printf function.Where is the body
    >> of printf function defined?

    > In the standard library implementation that
    > gets linked with your application code.
    > Some vendors provide its source code, others
    > do not. But note that many of the library
    > functions are necessarily platform-specific
    > (e.g. the code will directly address particular
    > hardware types such as video controllers, etc.,
    > and won't be portable to other platforms.)

    I just accidentally stepped into printf. All you want to do there is step
    out of the assembly if your implementation looks like mine. Be aware of the
    return value == # of printed chars. joe
    Joe Smith, May 15, 2006