Where to get gcc compiler?

Lee

Hi
I am not sure whether i am going off topic in asking this.
It will be great help for me if any one could pinpoint locations where
i could download the free gcc compiler to work on windows xp.
Thanks in advance.

Lee

Flash Gordon

Lee said:
Hi
I am not sure whether i am going off topic in asking this.

It is off topic, we deal with the language not the thousands of tools
and compilers.
It will be great help for me if any one could pinpoint locations where
i could download the free gcc compiler to work on windows xp.

There is no "the free gcc compiler to work on windows xp" there are
several different ports that work in different ways. If you try actually
searching with Google for the terms "windows" and "gcc" three of the
first links are for implementations of gcc on Windows. Did you even try
looking?

CBFalconer

Chris said:
Is gcc from cygwin no possibilty?
Try this: http://www.cygwin.com

Also the beta version of DJGPP 2.04, from www.delorie.com. I
believe mingw would be another possibility. All of these make a
near unix environment available on Windoze and/or Dos.

David Wade

Lee said:
Hi
I am not sure whether i am going off topic in asking this.
It will be great help for me if any one could pinpoint locations where
i could download the free gcc compiler to work on windows xp.
Thanks in advance.

Lee
Lee,
If you must have GCC then MINGW from www.mingw.org is I think the best
compromise.Unlike CYGWIN it generates native windows executables. Of course
if you have broadband you can get MS C++ for free for now. See

http://www.mingw.org/

Dave.

Kenny McCormack

If you must have GCC then MINGW from www.mingw.org is I think the best
compromise.Unlike CYGWIN it generates native windows executables. Of course
if you have broadband you can get MS C++ for free for now. See

There are several untruths in this paragraph, some implicit, some explicit.