where would you put a small business site ( a little off topic - but not too much! )

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Claude, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Claude

    Claude Guest

    Hi Newsgroup! I feel like I'm up to my ears in digital shopping carts -
    and lost! Hope you can lend a hand.

    I'm looking for a small shopping cart and a small database solution (
    eventually for a few hundred items ) maybe an out of the box solution for
    both. Plus my client would eventually like to run his own web shop - at
    least, having the ability to upload information on his newest products,
    without having to learn a lot of technical jargon, nor having to wait for or
    pay a webmaster to do it for him.

    In this regard, I've been looking at Macromedia's Contribute software -
    does anyone here have experience with Contribute or similar type software?
    For $100 - Contribute sounds like a good solution to me. But I'd like to
    have your recommendations before I commit to buy . . .

    Now for a shopping cart/database solution - this seems much more
    complicated. I'd like an easy to understand database for non technical
    people. Again, how about a shopping cart/database in a box?

    Yahoo Business sites are going at $39. a month. And many website hosts offer
    their own solutions. I'd sure like to know what you might recommend for a
    small business site owner.

    Your response is much appreciated...
    Thank you,
    Gloria