which css class takes effect?

Discussion in 'HTML and CSS' started by Charlie123, May 25, 2007.

  1. Charlie123

    Charlie123

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Hi gurus,
    This code snipet:
    div#top_menu_block /* 1st */
    {
    position:absolute;
    top:-23px;
    left:6px;
    height:23px;
    border:0px solid red;
    }
    div#top_menu_block ul /* 2nd */
    {
    position:relative;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    margin-top:0px;
    margin-bottom:0px;
    padding:0px;
    width:auto;

    }
    div#top_menu_block ul li /*3rd */
    {
    position:relative;
    list-style:none;
    float:left;
    width:108px;
    height:23px;
    }
    I don't understand the meaning of 3 top_menu_block.
    1: What does each of the top_menu_block mean? ( I am not asking the meaning of the inside contents).
    2: Is the 1st one for div element, the 2nd for ul element in div but not for any div element?
    3: If a ul element is inside a div element, which( 2nd or the 3rd ) will takes effect?
    Thanks alot.
    CHarlie
    Charlie123, May 25, 2007