    // Jianyuan Wu
    // Website: main.cc
    int main() { return 0; }
    maincc, Jul 22, 2004

  2. In message <>, maincc
    <> writes
    >I like the old faver of ``.cc''

    I prefer the one my IDE generates for me, whatever that happens to be.

    --
    Richard Herring
    Richard Herring, Jul 22, 2004

  3. maincc

    tom_usenet Guest

    On 22 Jul 2004 05:18:04 -0700, (maincc) wrote:

    >I like the old faver of ``.cc''
    >Another reason is try http://main.cc

    You forgot .C (which relies on a case sensitive filesystem) and .c++.
    I use whatever my development environment is happiest with (which
    happens to be .cpp at the moment).

    I suspect the most common is probably .cpp, but I might well be wrong.

    Tom
    tom_usenet, Jul 22, 2004
  4. maincc

    JKop Guest

    maincc posted:

    > I like the old faver of ``.cc''
    > Another reason is try http://main.cc
    >

    > ______________________________
    > // Jianyuan Wu
    > // Website: main.cc
    > int main() { return 0; }

    ..cpp and .hpp all the way!

    -JKop
    JKop, Jul 22, 2004
  5. JKop <> spoke thus:

    > .cpp and .hpp all the way!

    I thought .hpp was a reasonable extension, but I was criticized for
    using it here because it's apparently used by Borland SuckBuilder for
    a precompiled Pascal file or something equally ridiculous.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Jul 22, 2004
  6. In message <cdoips$h36$>, Christopher Benson-Manica
    <> writes
    >JKop <> spoke thus:
    >
    >> .cpp and .hpp all the way!

    >I thought .hpp was a reasonable extension, but I was criticized for
    >using it here because it's apparently used by Borland SuckBuilder for
    >a precompiled Pascal file or something equally ridiculous.

    [OT, but let's risk it...]
    Well, that criticism is certainly ridiculous - the Borland-supplied .hpp
    files contain something that's close enough (modulo a few extensions) to
    normal C++ for their C++ compiler to swallow. It may have been
    translated from Pascal, but that's a different issue.

    However, the Borland IDE insists on creating paired .cpp and .h pairs
    and will become very confused if you rename the .h as .hpp.

    --
    Richard Herring
    Richard Herring, Jul 22, 2004