    width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
    Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
    my writing. Thank you.

    HL, Nov 13, 2008

  2. HL

    Guest

    On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
    I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by the
    author."

    On Nov 12, 9:47 pm, HL <> wrote:
    > As the subject, I like the font he used for codes. It's not constant-
    > width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
    > Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
    > my writing. Thank you.

    , Nov 13, 2008

  3. On 2008-11-13 08:01, wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 9:47 pm, HL <> wrote:
    >> As the subject, I like the font he used for codes. It's not constant-
    >> width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
    >> Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
    >> my writing. Thank you.

    > On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
    > I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by the
    > author."

    Please do not top-post.

    To the OP: To clarify, the font is bold and italic Courier, which is a
    fixed width font. Personally I find it a bit hard to read, probably
    because of the italic.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    Erik Wikström, Nov 13, 2008
  4. HL

    Default User Guest

    Erik Wikström wrote:

    > On 2008-11-13 08:01, wrote:

    > > On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
    > > I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by
    > > the author."

    > To the OP: To clarify, the font is bold and italic Courier, which is a
    > fixed width font. Personally I find it a bit hard to read, probably
    > because of the italic.

    It doesn't look like Courier to me, at least in the 3rd edition. It
    looks like Times italic. The only place I see anything that looks like
    Courier is in the index.

    Brian

    Default User, Nov 13, 2008