Which font does Bjarne Stroustrup use in TC++PL special for code?

HL

As the subject, I like the font he used for codes. It's not constant-
width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
my writing. Thank you.

sjin.75

On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by the
author."

Erik Wikström

On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by the
author."

Please do not top-post.

To the OP: To clarify, the font is bold and italic Courier, which is a
fixed width font. Personally I find it a bit hard to read, probably
because of the italic.

Default User

On 2008-11-13 08:01, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
To the OP: To clarify, the font is bold and italic Courier, which is a
fixed width font. Personally I find it a bit hard to read, probably
because of the italic.

It doesn't look like Courier to me, at least in the 3rd edition. It
looks like Times italic. The only place I see anything that looks like
Courier is in the index.

Brian