Which IDE?

Hal Rosser

For a newbie = search for JGrasp
its straightforward and short learning curve - some folks say its best to
use the command line and notepad the first couple of weeks - JGrasp makes
debugging easier.
Some IDEs would confound a newbie - they have a steep learning curve -
especially for someone new to java.
But JGrasp at JGrasp.org - or - BlueJ -
my $.02

Hal

Elisha Dvir

Hello
I am a newbe to Java and to programming.
I am looking for an IDE which I can:
Download free from the net
Have a good documentation and tutorials
Be able to get sum help on the compiler itself on this group (or any other
newsgroup)

Sigmund Lundgren

Elisha said:
Hello
I am a newbe to Java and to programming.
I am looking for an IDE which I can:
Download free from the net
Have a good documentation and tutorials
Be able to get sum help on the compiler itself on this group (or any other
newsgroup)

One of the most popular www.eclipse.org

/S

Elisha Dvir

I looked briefly on both BlueJ and jGRASP
I think jGRASP is looking much better. I am going to try it.

Thank U