Which Pre-Processor is the best for Java compilation?

Ken Philips

I want to dynamically insert some information into my java source code
each time before I compile my source. This can be e.g.
The compilation time, the automatically incremented version number
or the compilation computer name.

Later when the java program ist called the information should be displayed
similar to:
Compilation time=09:23.12
Relase=2.34.4536
From computer=maggie

In order not to enter/change this data each compilation time manually
I am searching for a Pre processor which enables me to do this.
Can someone recommend me a good tool for such a purpose?

Ken

Anthony Borla

Ken Philips said:
I want to dynamically insert some information into
my java source code each time before I compile my
source. This can be e.g. The compilation time, the
automatically incremented version number or the
compilation computer name.

Later when the java program ist called the information should
be displayed similar to:
Compilation time=09:23.12
Relase=2.34.4536
From computer=maggie

In order not to enter/change this data each compilation time
manually I am searching for a Pre processor which enables
me to do this.

Can someone recommend me a good tool for such a
purpose?

Addressing issue of obtaining / using a pre-processor only:

* If you have a C / C++ compiler installed on your system
you can use its pre-processor. I use this approach in my
script code [Win32 batch, UNIX shell, REXX scripts] for
things such as including library source files, and conditional
script assembly

* 'm4' is a more powerful, customisable pre-processor found
on UNIX platforms, and native Win32 implementations
also exist [Google for 'unxtools']

* I've also heard great reports about a freeware product called
'PPWIZARD' - a Google search should turn up a link

I hope this helps.

Anthony Borla