    I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about the suspend?

    Juergen
    , Oct 19, 2012

  2. writes:

    > I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after
    > Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special
    > signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about
    > the suspend?

    This is highly system-specific so there's no C answer. You'll have to
    ask in a group that deals with the system you are targeting.

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Oct 19, 2012

  3. Sjouke Burry Guest

    wrote in

    > I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after
    > Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special
    > signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about
    > the suspend?
    >
    > Juergen

    By watching the clock??
    Sjouke Burry, Oct 19, 2012

    Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012 23:25:15 UTC+2 schrieb Sjouke Burry:
    > wrote in

    > > I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after

    > > Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special

    > > signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about

    > > the suspend?

    > > Juergen

    > By watching the clock??

    Yes, thats what I am doing now. Not very elegant.

    By the way, the system is linux.

    Any other suggestion?

    Juergen
    , Oct 19, 2012
  5. writes:
    > Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012 23:25:15 UTC+2 schrieb Sjouke Burry:
    >> wrote in
    >> > I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after
    >> > Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special
    >> > signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about
    >> > the suspend?
    >> >
    >> > Juergen
    >> >

    >> By watching the clock??

    > Yes, thats what I am doing now. Not very elegant.
    >
    > By the way, the system is linux.
    >
    > Any other suggestion?

    Yes, ask in comp.unix.programmer. The folks who know about POSIX
    systems hang out there.

    Will write code for food.
    Keith Thompson, Oct 19, 2012