which signal after suspend/resume?

Juergen.Bausa

I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about the suspend?

Juergen

Ben Bacarisse

I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after
Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special
signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about
the suspend?

This is highly system-specific so there's no C answer. You'll have to
ask in a group that deals with the system you are targeting.

Sjouke Burry

(e-mail address removed) wrote in
I have a program (written in C) that needs to do some actions after
Suspend/resume or hibernate/resume of the system. Is there a special
signal raised for this purpose? if not, how can my program know about
the suspend?

Juergen

By watching the clock??

Juergen.Bausa

Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012 23:25:15 UTC+2 schrieb Sjouke Burry:
(e-mail address removed) wrote in

By watching the clock??

Yes, thats what I am doing now. Not very elegant.

By the way, the system is linux.

Any other suggestion?

Juergen

Keith Thompson

Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012 23:25:15 UTC+2 schrieb Sjouke Burry:

Yes, thats what I am doing now. Not very elegant.

By the way, the system is linux.

Any other suggestion?

Yes, ask in comp.unix.programmer. The folks who know about POSIX
systems hang out there.