while( total_ignorance ) help

john prokopek

I just installed ActiveState Perl 5.8 on a Win2k system. For a sanity
check I a one line script to take input from STDIN and print. Hey it
doesn't work. If I just perform a print with some text that works. So
can someone clue me in.

So, why doesn't this print out anything:

while(<STDIN>) { print;}

or

while ($line = <STDIN>) {print $line;}

thanks

John

john prokopek

so, my input problem is a result of using perl in a windows environment.
I wanted to use my script in the following manner:

dir /b | script.pl

Well in windoze this doesn't seem to work.
Is there any way to get this work as is?

thank you for your help

john