    Rene Schmidt Guest

    AWT-Frames in Java for Linux have a strange white border, several pixel
    wide. This looks ugly. Can it be avoided?
    Rene Schmidt, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Rene Schmidt wrote:
    > AWT-Frames in Java for Linux have a strange white border, several pixel
    > wide. This looks ugly. Can it be avoided?

    I don't have this behaviour on my platform (Java 1.4.2_05, Linux SuSE,
    KDE2-WindowManager) when trying it with:
    import java.awt.*;
    public class Test {
    Frame frame = new Frame("Test");
    frame.resize(300, 300);
    fram.show);
    What platform do you have? I would suspect a problem with your
    XWindowManager, or with your java code.

    --
    "Thomas:Fritsch$ops:de".replace(':','.').replace('$','@')
    Thomas Fritsch, Jan 17, 2005