White spaces in DropDownList / Listbox / ...

Frederic H

Hi all,

I want to add white spaces to format a DropDownList or another web control
but
when the control is rendered ASP.NET convert my " " to " "
Without using to format the string, I cannot create create a combo like
this

USER1 | Alan Smith | 25/01/1981
USER2 | Brian Smith | 12/06/1983

I can create a custom web control but I have to use ASP.NET native web
controls.

Frederic H

Thank you for this help!

(Server.HtmlDecode works only on ASP.NET : if you want to use it in
another project (class library for example) use the System.Web.HttpUtility
Class)

Example :
Dim writer As New System.IO.StringWriter
Dim HttpUtils As New System.Web.HttpUtility
HttpUtils.HtmlDecode(myRow("Description"), writer)
myRow("Description") = writer.ToString
writer.Close()