who can give a simple example? Urgently need!!

Flamingo

Hi folks,

I want a webpage, there would be a input textfield, and a "sumbit"
button
there, if you press the submit button, the contents you input to the
textfield would be send to your email. who can give me a simple sample
about that. thanks a lot. I really need i t urgently.

ASM

Flamingo a écrit :
Hi folks,

I want a webpage, there would be a input textfield, and a "sumbit"
button
there, if you press the submit button, the contents you input to the
textfield would be send to your email. who can give me a simple sample
about that. thanks a lot. I really need i t urgently.

http://stephane.moriaux.perso.wanadoo.fr/truc/send_page_url.htm

and see the sources

other but in french :
http://stephane.moriaux.perso.wanadoo.fr/truc/mailto_texte_htm
go down to 'Exemple' in section 2
copy and try code given there

web.dev

ASM said:

IMO, that is not a good solution to the OP problem. Simply because it
assumes that by using the mailto: protocol that the client also has an
email client. This isn't wholly reliable. However, from the OP
question, it seems they wanted something more like a "subscription"
sort of service where email is _automatically_ sent. Therefore, a
server-side solution would've been more elegant.

ASM

web.dev a écrit :
However, from the OP
question, it seems they wanted something more like a "subscription"
sort of service where email is _automatically_ sent. Therefore, a
server-side solution would've been more elegant.

Absolutely, server side is always better.
And if really OP wants that, he missed the right group.

My solution was only given as a rubber patch in JavaScript where visitor
can decide himself to which e-mail address he wants to send
(who has not an email client ?)