Why cannot open .txt file with Encoding = UNICODE using javascript window.open()?

ml

I wrote the following code to open text file:
var features = 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=yes,title=no,scrollbars=yes,
width=600,height=450';
window.open(url, 'XXX', features);

I found that when the file is with encoding = UNICODE, a system
message wlll be prompted:
"Some files can harm your computer. If the file information below look
suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do you open or save
the file."

When I choose "open", there is an error saying that file cannot be
found in temporary internet file folder. However, if I choose "save",
I can save the file sucessfully to my computer.

I tested that if the file with encoding=UTF-8, it can be opened using
javascript window.open() method!!!

do anyone why the file cannot be "open"?

BTW, I need to generate the text file using Java on Solaris platform,
do unicode text file can be read on Solaris??

Many thanks for answering my question.