Why does my php code work on some websites but not others.

Joined
Jan 6, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I am learning php and I have noticed this a lot.

I am reading through tutorials online then i got to try out that code on my localhost and it doesn't work. Even by using copying and pasting the code it doesn't work.

It gives me errors on my localhost. I can go on a different website and copy and paste it and depending on the website sometimes it will work.

This code for example. It works on w3schools but won't work on my localhost using xampp

It is because of the php version the website is using?

code
w3schools.PNG

result
w3schoolsResult.PNG