why I can't see mtx.exe in the romote machine?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Donna, Jun 17, 2005.

  1. Donna

    Donna Guest

    Hi,
    I've set up remote debugging following every step in the manu from
    microsoft. However, I can't see mtx.exe process in romote machine,
    instead I only see inetinfo.exe. I attached to it and it seem works OK
    except that I can't set up any break point in any inc file(include
    file). I can use the command stepinto from an asp page to get to inc
    code, but I the process never stop at the break point I "set up" before
    I start the debugger or in the debugging process.
    Can anyone help me what went wrong? or just tell me that is about what
    interdev debugger can do.
    By the way, I use NT on server and client is a window 2000
    professional.
    The manu I followed was
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnvid/html/msdn_videbugging.asp

    Please help... :(

    regards

    Donna

    Donna, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Hi,

    How did you register the component on NT? Did you use the transaction
    services applet and have you set it to run as a server?

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jun 18, 2005

  3. Donna

    Donna Guest

    hello,
    thanks for responding to me.
    Well. I just installed the frontpage server extension and setup
    properties of three Distributed component, machine debug manager, MTS
    Client Export and catalog class, grant access and allow lunch to admin
    user.
    what other component I missed here? What component I suppose to see in
    the Transaction services applet?
    By the way, physical path of my application locates under wwwroot on
    the server so I'm able to see it from interdev when I setup the
    solution to debug.
    I spent a lot of time figuring the debugber out. I wonder if it worth
    my time. But to write each print statement out to debug is very time
    consumming as well. In the long run, if I can use the debugger well, I
    think it worth the effort I put in. However I don't see many people use
    it though. I don't see many people talk about it online.
    Anyway, thank you for your response and hope i can resolve this soon.

    Regards

    Donna

    Donna, Jun 20, 2005
  4. "Donna" <> wrote in message
    > hello,
    > thanks for responding to me.
    > Well. I just installed the frontpage server extension and setup
    > properties of three Distributed component, machine debug manager, MTS
    > Client Export and catalog class, grant access and allow lunch to admin
    > user.

    This is 'DCOM' but DCOM does not launch mtx.exe. I think you are mixing up
    technologies and get some info about COM+ and transaction manager.

    > what other component I missed here? What component I suppose to see in
    > the Transaction services applet?

    You should register your component using 'new package' in transaction
    manager and within the properties, you set it to be a server package.
    Drag and drop your DLL within that package.
    After that, you can remotely debug your DLL and connect to mtx.exe

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jun 21, 2005