Why is module list so out of date?

Randy Kobes

(e-mail address removed) (Sam Holden) wrote in

No... the module list contains far more modules than just core modules,
or modules that are included with Perl distributions.

It was my understanding that the module list contains all modules
that have an officially registered namespace, but maybe I have
that wrong.

I'm not sure why this particular list is behind, but CPAN.pm
uses $CPAN/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz and
$CPAN/modules/03modlist.data.gz, which are regularly
updated.