Why is there a delay when i browse to my first aspx page?

Kurt Hill

If you are using a COM+ component, it may be the startup time for the first
access. After that, the componend is pooled and ready for the next access
until a period of inactivity causes it to shut down.

Shige

I have a IIS server somewhere hosting an aspx website. Whenever i tried
to access the website after some times, my browser will like wait about
10-20 seconds before showing the contents. But after that, subsequent
pages is load up almost instantly. The page is not heavily loaded and
every pic should be cached.

And sometimes, after 1 or 2 days didn't access the site, when i tried to
access again, it will never load up the page. My IIS server is never
shutdown running 24/7. I have to go to my IIS server and move around
with the mouse then go back to my workstation and try again in order for
it to work. (My IIS server (also my Internet gateway) will not go into
Sleep mode because i still can surf from my workstation.)

Can someone explain to me the problem?

Thanks.

Foo Man Chew

I have a IIS server somewhere hosting an aspx website.

This is a known issue, but please visit an ASP.NET newsgroup.