why no image?

ross

I have a site that I have added many images. After I created the pages, I
added a banner using DMX. I cannot see the banner with this computer.
However, all of my other computers see it. I have deleted temp files,
history, reloaded the banner to no avail. The source code on the site is
different from computer to computer. I have no idea. Everything else loads
correctly, except the banner. Any one have a clue about what is going on?
The site is http://rosmd0.tripod.com/fishpicsales/htmdocs/pageone.htm. I
appreciate
this newsgroup. Thanks, Dick Ross

Kris

ross said:
I have a site that I have added many images. After I created the pages, I
added a banner using DMX. I cannot see the banner with this computer.
However, all of my other computers see it. I have deleted temp files,
history, reloaded the banner to no avail. The source code on the site is
different from computer to computer. I have no idea. Everything else loads
correctly, except the banner. Any one have a clue about what is going on?
The site is http://rosmd0.tripod.com/fishpicsales/htmdocs/pageone.htm. I
appreciate
this newsgroup.

Free hosting services like Tripod and Geocities are notorious for
serving hostees' content as they see right. Means, it may be out of your
hands if you decide to stick with them.

ross

The site loads well >except the banner< on the computer that I have used to
do the developing and ftp. The site works well on all other computers
including the banner. Thanks for the reply, Dick Ross

Mark Parnell

I have a site that I have added many images. After I created the pages, I
added a banner using DMX. I cannot see the banner with this computer.

Do you have an ad-blocking program running? They will often block images
that are the size of standard advertising banners.

Richard

ross said:
I have a site that I have added many images. After I created the pages, I
added a banner using DMX. I cannot see the banner with this computer.
However, all of my other computers see it. I have deleted temp files,
history, reloaded the banner to no avail. The source code on the site is
different from computer to computer. I have no idea. Everything else
loads correctly, except the banner. Any one have a clue about what is
going on? The site is
http://rosmd0.tripod.com/fishpicsales/htmdocs/pageone.htm. I appreciate
this newsgroup. Thanks, Dick Ross

You may want to put a text link for your 3 pages on the left somewhere.
Could be that tripod don't like the idea of the image map.
Worked fine for me though.