Why no output from xml.dom.ext.PrettyPrint?

John Machin

OK, the following should work but doesn't, and I can't figure out
why:
from xml.marshal.generic import dumps
dumps( ( 1, 2.0, 'foo', [3,4,5] ) )
' said:
from xml.dom.ext import PrettyPrint
PrettyPrint( dumps( ( 1, 2.0, 'foo', [3,4,5] ) ) )
import sys
PrettyPrint( dumps( ( 1, 2.0, 'foo', [3,4,5] ) ), sys.stdout )

Why am I seeing no output from PrettyPrint?

You need to ask whoever you got your xml package from. In standard-
issue Python 2.5.2, there is an xml package with xml.dom, but it
contains no xml.dom.ext nor an xml.marshal.

kj

' said:
from xml.dom.ext import PrettyPrint
PrettyPrint( dumps( ( 1, 2.0, 'foo', [3,4,5] ) ) )
import sys
PrettyPrint( dumps( ( 1, 2.0, 'foo', [3,4,5] ) ), sys.stdout )

Why am I seeing no output from PrettyPrint?
You need to ask whoever you got your xml package from. In standard-
issue Python 2.5.2, there is an xml package with xml.dom, but it
contains no xml.dom.ext nor an xml.marshal.

Hmmm!? OK. Thanks!

Kynn