Why Validation Control does not work with Mozilla Firebird 0.6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by imagina, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. imagina

    imagina Guest

    The validation control is working well with IE. Here is the code I mentioned
    for IE.
    <form name="General" method="post" action="Default.aspx"
    language="javascript" onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();" id="General">
    <script language="javascript"
    src="/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js"></script>

    But for Mozilla it seems does not load the javascript file and do not
    validate. Here is the code.
    <form name="General" method="post" action="Default.aspx" id="General">

    This really happen with some pages. I relly do not know why....
    Hope someone could help me. Thankz in advance.

    imagina, Feb 19, 2004

  2. All asp.net validation controls validate clientside only on IE. For all
    other browsers you get serverside validation. If you still want this kind of
    funtionality you might want to develop your own suite of validation controls
    which is made easy if one wanted to extend validation controls, or you could
    just save yourself the time and the effort by purchasing such a control.

    The most affordable and the nicest that i know of is PeterBlums Validation
    controls, and they work client on a variety of browsers.

    http://www.peterblum.com/VAM/Home.aspx

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Feb 19, 2004

  3. imagina

    imagina Guest

    But the validation control also works on some pages with Mozilla.
    I think it should has some error about my web server because yesterday it
    said something about
    client side javascript error and I follow the instruction it said. Something
    like "aspnet_regiis.exe..."
    Then the validation control does not work with Mozilla. Before this error
    occured , it was working fine.

    "Alessandro Zifiglio" <> wrote in
    message news:X82Zb.9053$...

    imagina, Feb 20, 2004
  4. imagina

    imagina Guest

    My problem seems the validation control does not work neither client or
    server side. This problem occur with some pages. Otheerwise, when I created
    new page, everything was fine.
    Here is the code snippet

    <%@ Register TagPrefix="mbdb" Namespace="MetaBuilders.WebControls"
    Assembly="MetaBuilders.WebControls.DefaultButtons" %>
    <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Default.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Inherits="Huawei.Default"%>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="TopMenu" Src="Module/TopMenu.ascx" %>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>General Management</title>
    <LINK href="huawei.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
    </HEAD>
    <form id="General" method="post" runat="server">
    <uc1:topmenu id="TopMenu1" runat="server"></uc1:topmenu>
    <mbdb:DefaultButtons id="DefaultButtons1" runat="server">
    <mbdb:DefaultButtonSetting Button="queryButton" Parent="cardNumber" />
    <mbdb:DefaultButtonSetting parent="newpin" button="modifyPinButton" />
    <mbdb:DefaultButtonSetting parent="serviceStart"
    button="modifyDayButton" />
    <mbdb:DefaultButtonSetting parent="serviceStop" button="modifyDayButton"
    />
    <mbdb:DefaultButtonSetting parent="maxCall" button="modifyFocButton" />
    </mbdb:DefaultButtons>
    width="779" border="0"
    runat="server">
    <asp:textbox id="cardNumber" Runat="server" Columns="20"
    CssClass="Textbox" MaxLength="18"></asp:textbox>
    <asp:button id="queryButton" runat="server" CssClass="Commandbutton"
    Text="??????????"></asp:button>
    <asp:button id="changeCardButton" runat="server"
    CssClass="Commandbutton" Text="???????????"></asp:button></td>
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator id="RequiredFieldValidator1"
    runat="server" ErrorMessage="????????????????????????"
    ControlToValidate="cardNumber"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator></td>

    I am using "Default Button" from metabuilders.com.
    Thank you a lot.

    "Peter Blum" <> wrote in message
    > Validation will always work on the server side, to handle the browsers

    that
    > don't support Microsoft's client-side scripts. Perhaps that's what you

    were
    > seeing before it appeared broken. Then you managed to get the scripts onto
    > the page, perhaps by setting the ClientTarget property to "UpLevel". That
    > fools the page into thinking the browser is IE. The error indicates that

    not

    imagina, Feb 22, 2004