Wierd stuff in an controller

David Westerink

Hi,

I've something wierd in an controller of mine. It's an wizard
controller, that does some stuff for an advertisement.
The wierd thing is, that some logic is not executed when I go though
the wizard. All views render perfectly, but the logic doesn't execute.
Like this:

def step 1
#reset session
end

def step2
#check some details of the first form
#works!
end

def step3
#displays an simple form nothing else...
end

def step4
#saves data, works!
end

def step5
#FAILS! doesn't execute the logic
end

def finish
#FAILS! doesn't execute...
end

Very strange indeed!!!

How Can I slove this, or were do I need to look?

Ohw yeah, the routes involved look like this:
map.wizard_step1 '/wizard_step1', :controller => 'wizard', :action => 'step1'
map.wizard_step2 '/wizard_step2', :controller => 'wizard', :action => 'step2'
map.wizard_step3 '/wizard_step3', :controller => 'wizard', :action => 'step3'
map.wizard_step4 '/wizard_step4', :controller => 'wizard', :action => 'step4'
map.wizard_step5 '/wizard_step5', :controller => 'wizard', :action => 'step5'
map.wizard_finish '/wizard_finish', :controller => 'wizard', :action => 'finish'

If you could please help me?

--
David Westerink

blog: http://www.davidakachaos.nl
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidakachaos
Hyves: http://davidakachaos.hyves.nl
msn: (e-mail address removed)

I never said it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you!!!

Rick DeNatale

Hi,

I've something wierd in an controller of mine. It's an wizard
controller, that does some stuff for an advertisement.
The wierd thing is, that some logic is not executed when I go though
the wizard. All views render perfectly, but the logic doesn't execute.
Like this:

def step 1
=A0#reset session
end

def step2
=A0#check some details of the first form
=A0#works!
end

def step3
=A0#displays an simple form nothing else...
end

def step4
=A0#saves data, works!
end

def step5
=A0#FAILS! doesn't execute the logic
end

def finish
=A0#FAILS! doesn't execute...
end

Very strange indeed!!!

How Can I slove this, or were do I need to look?

Ohw yeah, the routes involved look like this:
map.wizard_step1 '/wizard_step1', :controller =3D> 'wizard', :action =3D>= 'step1'
map.wizard_step2 '/wizard_step2', :controller =3D> 'wizard', :action =3D>= 'step2'
map.wizard_step3 '/wizard_step3', :controller =3D> 'wizard', :action =3D>= 'step3'
map.wizard_step4 '/wizard_step4', :controller =3D> 'wizard', :action =3D>= 'step4'
map.wizard_step5 '/wizard_step5', :controller =3D> 'wizard', :action =3D>= 'step5'
map.wizard_finish '/wizard_finish', :controller =3D> 'wizard', :action = =3D> 'finish'

If you could please help me?

Yes.

First, you need to ask this on the ruby on rails forum, not the ruby
language forum.

BUT

before you post there, you need to add more info. I doubt that
controller actions which consist solely of comments are failing in any
interesting way, and even if they are you need to provide more info
about how they are failing.

There are lots of helpful folks on both the ruby and ruby on rails
forum, but I haven't seen any who were clairvoyant!

--=20
Rick DeNatale