Wildcard in FileFilter is resetting my File Type

cjaouhar

I am using a FileFilter with the following extension "*.doc". The
getDescription() method for that extension returns "Microsoft Word
Document", which is what gets displayed in the "Files of Type"
dropdown. My problem is that if the user enter a wildcard (*) in the
"File Name" field and hit enter, it changes the "Files of Type" drop
down to that as well.

How do you prevent the "Files of Type" selection from changing when
using wildcard?