Win32Ole, ExternalInterface (Flex), return objects

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Peter Nicolai Motzfeldt, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Hi

    I am not sure if it is possible.

    I have a Flex application and a Ruby application, and I use
    ExternalInterface and Win32Ole as a media so the applications are able
    to talk to eachother.

    Everything works perfect with strings, but when I return any other
    object than string from the Flex application, I only get a WIN32OLE
    object.

    Is it possible to return for example boolean values, and pick the value
    out of the WIN32OLE object?

    Or is it only strings that are allowed?

    Thanks for any pointers

    -Peter