WIN32OLE_TYPE usage? Need a Guid()

Peter Fitzgibbons

------_=_NextPart_001_01C52679.228EED06
Hello All,
=20
Could someone explain to me the usage for WIN32OLE_TYPE.Guid()?
=20
I need it for a replication app on Win platform.
=20
Alternatively, a IEEE UUID generator?
=20
Thanks!
=20
Peter J. Fitzgibbons
Applications Manager
Lakewood Homes - "The American Dream Builder"(r)
(e-mail address removed)
(847) 884-8800=20
=20
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C52679.228EED06--

Masaki Suketa

Hello,

In message "WIN32OLE_TYPE usage? Need a Guid()"

tobj = WIN32OLE_TYPE.new('Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library',
'Application')
puts tobj.guid

No. WIN32OLE_TYPE#guid returns existing GUID, not a IEEE UUID generator.

Regards,
Masaki Suketa