window.open special window

hakim

Hi NG,

When I open a new window like that:

mywin =
window.open("","mynewwindow","menubar=no,status=no,toolbar=no");

then the new window has still a status line in the bottom and the
window has on top a fat blueline with the title of the document.
BUT I want a window where there is no grey line in the bottom and no
fat blue line on top. I think I have seen that somewhere, but can't
find a window like that in the moment. Is it possible to create such a
window??

Thanks

Achim

Evertjan.

hakim wrote on 08 okt 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
When I open a new window like that:

mywin =
window.open("","mynewwindow","menubar=no,status=no,toolbar=no");

then the new window has still a status line in the bottom and the
window has on top a fat blueline with the title of the document.
BUT I want a window where there is no grey line in the bottom and no
fat blue line on top.

Not available in IE6 [with SP2?,and normal security settings]
I think I have seen that somewhere, but can't
find a window like that in the moment.

Yes, when you used IE5.5 or <
Is it possible to create such a window??

Try .hta

Gérard Talbot

hakim a écrit :
Hi NG,

When I open a new window like that:

mywin =
window.open("","mynewwindow","menubar=no,status=no,toolbar=no");

then the new window has still a status line in the bottom and the
window has on top a fat blueline with the title of the document.
BUT I want a window where there is no grey line in the bottom and no
fat blue line on top. I think I have seen that somewhere, but can't
find a window like that in the moment.

Removing status bar, title bar, window resizability, scrollbar(s) if
content overflows requested window dimensions, etc.. is just anti-user
friendly, makes the window much harder to use, not versatile, etc..

Is it possible to create such a
window??

Thanks

Achim
Status bar and titlebar are security-related chrome features of all windows.
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window.open#Note_on_status_bar

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window.open#Features_requiring_privileges

You need special and enhanced security privileges to remove these.

Gérard