Windows 2.3.2 install corrupt on python.org?

Bert Hyman

Under WinXP Pro, my install of the Windows 2.3.2 fails with an I/O error.
I downloaded it three times and got the same errors each time.

Pointing WinZip at the executable produces:

Extracting BZ2.PYD
bad CRC 324c82b2 (should be b6933cad)

Extracting CP037.PY
bad CRC 4f3156cc (should be 06142c6e)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (12199) does not match the
uncompressed size (12200) recorded in the zip file

Extracting EUC-KR.ENC
bad CRC 4d63aab9 (should be fb559f7b)

Extracting PYTHON23.CHM
bad CRC 38884aa2 (should be 6fd418a6

Extracting TEST_SHA.PY
bad CRC f569f2da (should be 5a56a787)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (995) does not match the
uncompressed size (1006) recorded in the zip file

Bert Hyman

In Bert Hyman
Under WinXP Pro, my install of the Windows 2.3.2 fails with an I/O
error. I downloaded it three times and got the same errors each time.

Following up to my own post, after downloading from "ftp.python.org" using
a real FTP client, I got a clean install.

Anthony Baxter

In Bert Hyman

Following up to my own post, after downloading from "ftp.python.org" using
a real FTP client, I got a clean install.

What did you download it with the first time? The HTTP download and FTP
download are exactly the same file, so if there's a breakage, it's either
in your client, or else something very strange is going on with the python.org
machine. Since I've not had piles of screaming email, I'm going to tend to
believe that it's a client issue.

Anthony

Bert Hyman

In Anthony Baxter
What did you download it with the first time? The HTTP download and FTP
download are exactly the same file, so if there's a breakage, it's
either in your client, or else something very strange is going on with
the python.org machine. Since I've not had piles of screaming email, I'm
going to tend to believe that it's a client issue.

I downloaded it with IE6 by clicking the link at
http://www.python.org/2.3.2/

I suspected that the files were the same, so I'm as surprised as you that
I got different results.

I've had no other problems with files downloaded via IE6 either before or
after this incident, and as I said, I repeated the exercise three times
and received identical results.

Ah well... Since I'm the only one it's happening to, let's chalk this one
up as another Windoze Mystery.