Windows 2000, scheduler and java

Christina Robertson

Ok folks I've got a small program that was created to help out our
employees checking items each day. Its written in java and connects to a
DB2 database to get information for them. We have installed it on each
user's machine and shceduled it to run each morning.

It works well on two Windows 2000 machines but get the Could no start
error on two others. I'm going batty. The tasks are set up identically.
The program is installed the same way on each machine. The only
difference I see is that one of the users for some reason doesn't enter
a username and password to login to his computer. HIs is one of those
that doesnt' work. Here is the information from each task:

Run: "C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\javaw.exe" -cp
\\Obiwan\OASIS\DataBase\Common\db2java.zip;\\Obiwan\OASIS\DataBase\Common\ivjdab.jar;C:\StateChecker\TimecardStateChecker.jar
statechecker_pkg.TimecardStateChecker

Start in: C:\StateChecker\

All other settings are default.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Christina

Jeff

It's more than likely a Windows problem that has
nothing to do with java. Can you get the command to
run successfully by launching it manually? Start by
trying to schedule a simple batch file. Also, I've
found that complicated command lines get mixed results
with scheduled tasks. Put your java command into a batch
file and run that batch file from the task.

ggg

It seems like the user running the Windows 2000 session
does not have permission to run this task. Try to specify
the username/password of user who created the task in
scheduled task's properties.