windows 2003 vb6 debug - still fails after dcom fix!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by dan m, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. dan m

    dan m Guest

    Anyone running windwos 2003 who has tried the msdn dcom fix [kb
    259725] and still cant debug in vb6?

    Despite setting the permissions as discussed in the article i still
    just get:

    ---
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80080005'
    Server.CreateObject Failed
    /LM/W3SVC/431032598/Root/global.asa, line 150
    80080005

    ---

    I have tried both binary and no compatibility in vb and no joy
    either...

    Any thoughts massively appreciated as i need this running yesterday!!!
    Regards, dan m

    dan m, Oct 6, 2004

  2. What object are you trying to create (show code!), and what exactly are your
    intentions with this object that you're attempting to create in global.asa?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 6, 2004

  3. dan m

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    One quick test is to add IUSR and IWAM to the local Admin group.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 6, 2004