Windows 7 VirtualDiskProblem screenshot

Discussion in 'C++' started by Skybuck Flying, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. Hello,

    Screenshot pretty much speaks for itself though additional comments added on
    screenshot which I shall repeat here:

    Problems:

    1. Disk management tool does not list all virtual disks :(
    2. Can't de-tach if not listed :(
    3. Can't change driver letter if not listed :(
    4. Windows 7 keeps changing drive letters after each boot, this screws up
    paths in source codes and such :(

    File:

    http://www.skybuck.org/VirtualDiskProblem/Windows7VirtualDiskProblem.png

    Folder:

    http://www.skybuck.org/VirtualDiskProblem

    Some other programmer newsgroups included too perhaps they also have
    experience with virtual disks to store source codes in and might know a
    solution or perhaps could look into it.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jun 20, 2011

  2. Skybuck Flying

    red floyd Guest

    On Jun 20, 7:32 am, "Skybuck Flying" <>
    wrote:
    [incredibly off-topic redacted]

    Did you have a C++ specific question? Please see C++ FAQ 5.9

    Followup set.

    red floyd, Jun 20, 2011

  3. The c/c++ question is pretty obvious:

    How can one learn to write proper VHD tools in C/C++ or how can one correct
    the existing tools which might also be written in C/C++ or perhaps even C#
    which has similarities with C/C++ ?!?

    If you know the answer please post it to Microsoft as well ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck :)

    Skybuck Flying, Jun 21, 2011
  4. On 6/21/2011 12:16 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > The c/c++ question is pretty obvious:
    >
    > How can one learn to write proper VHD tools in C/C++

    That's not a C++ language question.

    "How can one learn to drive a car in Manchester, England?" is NOT a
    question about Manchester, England. "How to find a driving school in
    Manchester?" is somewhat relevant to Manchester, although there is
    probably a generic answer. "How can one learn to slice a cucumber for a
    picnic on a trip to Bali, Indonesia?" is NOT a question about Indonesia.
    "Are cucumbers common in Indonesia?" is very relevant to Indonesia.

    "How to write an infinite loop in C++?" *is* a C++ question because
    loops are a feature in C++ and "infinite" transcends languages, so it's
    relevant to *any* programming language that defines a "loop". "How to
    format a hard drive in C++?" is *not* a C++ question because "hard
    drive" is not a feature of the language.

    Do you not get it?

    VHD (whatever that is) is *not* defined AFA C++ goes, so a question on
    "how to write proper VHD tools?" is not a C++ language question.

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 21, 2011
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Robert Miles Guest

    On 6/20/2011 11:16 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > The c/c++ question is pretty obvious:
    >
    > How can one learn to write proper VHD tools in C/C++ or how can one
    > correct the existing tools which might also be written in C/C++ or
    > perhaps even C# which has similarities with C/C++ ?!?
    >
    > If you know the answer please post it to Microsoft as well ;)
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck :)

    Since Microsoft shut down their server for the microsoft.public.*
    newsgroups, there's been rather little worth reading in those
    newsgroups.

    Also, not everyone is using newgroups servers that even allow
    posting anything crossposted to five or more newsgroups.

    Robert Miles

    Robert Miles, Sep 18, 2011