    Alternatively, how do I get a long filename from a short filename? Is there
    a way that exists somewhere?

    -DrkShadow

    DrkShadow, Aug 19, 2004

  2. DrkShadow

    dede Guest

    Hi Drk,

    could you give us an example of the snippet you are using ...
    ... and what was exactly the source that you tried to drop ... where?

    dd, Paris

    dede, Aug 19, 2004

  3. DrkShadow

    Guest

    DrkShadow <> wrote in message news:<Xns9549E1DBC4243314159@216.196.97.142>...
    > Alternatively, how do I get a long filename from a short filename? Is there
    > a way that exists somewhere?

    Perl interfaces to Windows specific functions can be found in the
    Win32 hierachy of modules. Finding the function you describe in there
    took me less than a minuite. (Would probably have been less if I'd
    thought to do a search on 'Long').

    Repeating this process is left as an exercise for the reader to help
    build self-sufficiency.

    here.

    , Aug 19, 2004