Windows authentication Redirect /CustomErrors Issue

I

Ivan Smith

I am using asp.net (1.1) and am setting application security in web.config using:
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="Denied.htm"><error statusCode="401" redirect="Denied.htm" /><error statusCode="403" redirect="Denied.htm" /></customErrors

If I try to authenticate with invalid credentials more than 4 times, the page redirects to Denied.htm as it should, but if I click on "Cancel" instead of "Ok" on the login prompt box, I get redirected to an ASP.Net page that looks like this
Server Error in '/munkeys/WindowsAuth' Application
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be >configured for access to the requested URL.

I have tried to set the Custom Error pages for all 401 errors in IIS and the page still will not redirect to my custom error page as specified in both IIS and Web.config. Please Help

E

Eric Marvets

Have you tried adding '<error statusCode="401.2" redirect="Denied.htm" />'?

--
Eric Marvets
Principal Consultant

the bang project

<shameless self promotion>

Email (e-mail address removed) for Information on Our Architecture and
Mentoring Services

</shameless self promotion>

Ivan Smith said:
I am using asp.net (1.1) and am setting application security in web.config using:
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="Denied.htm"><error
statusCode="401" redirect="Denied.htm" /><error statusCode="403"
redirect="Denied.htm" /> said:
If I try to authenticate with invalid credentials more than 4 times, the
page redirects to Denied.htm as it should, but if I click on "Cancel"
instead of "Ok" on the login prompt box, I get redirected to an ASP.Net page
that looks like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----->>>Access is denied.
serve this request. The server may not be >configured for access to the
requested URL.or page using the credentials you supplied. >Contact the Web server's
administrator for help.
I have tried to set the Custom Error pages for all 401 errors in IIS and
the page still will not redirect to my custom error page as specified in
both IIS and Web.config. Please Help!

I

Ivan Smith

tried <error statusCode="401.2" redirect="Denied.htm" />, but that didn't work either. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Ask a Question