    learner.

    Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

    Bob

    Bob Mariotti, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Bob Mariotti

    Ralf Guest

    "Bob Mariotti" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Gents;
    >
    > I have several CPP programs originally built using Borland's TurboCPP
    > suite. They were developed on Win 3.1and now I need to compile them
    > for use on Windows98-XP.
    >
    > Not being familiar with C compilers my question is:
    >
    > What C++ compiler would one recommend that would provide me with the
    > best migration of this code to the desired platforms?
    >
    > I am a seasoned programmer but not in C/CPP but I am also a quick
    > learner.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
    >
    > Bob

    It is not a problem to find a compiler. You can take the Borland C++, which
    you get free from Borland.
    The difficulty is to port typical Win 3.1 code to Win 32 code. Something in
    the WIN API has changed.
    If the code is written with the OWL, you need this framework too. There is
    some free OWL for Win32
    available in the net.

    Ralf

    www.cplusplus-kurse.de