Windows Form PropertyGrid dropdown value

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by moni, Jul 20, 2007.

  1. moni

    moni Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to use, public class FileNameConverter : StringConverter
    for creating a dropdown list within my dynamic property grid. Thus I
    have the methods GetStandardValuesSupported, GetStandardValues, and
    GetStandardValuesExclusive.

    My problem is , that my GetStandardValues, needs to get values from a
    database, whose name I need to pass from another class, how do I go
    about doing that??

    I would also need to pass 2 other parameters. And I am never calling
    the class by its constructor.
    The only time the class name gets passed is like this:

    myProp = new PropertySpec(attribute, typeof(string), category,
    description, valueofattribute,
    typeof(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor),
    typeof(FileNameConverter));

    where PropertySpec is my dynamic propertygrid class.

    Please help.

    Thanks alot!
    moni, Jul 20, 2007