Windows Porting Help Requested

Raymond L. Buvel

I am preparing to release an extension module that interfaces Python to
the Class Library for Numbers (http://www.ginac.de/CLN/). This module
will provide Python types for arbitrary precision floating point
numbers, rational numbers, and their complex counterparts. The module
also includes most of the functions found in the Python math and cmath
libraries.

This module will be useful in applications where gmpy
(http://gmpy.sourceforge.net/) doesn't have enough capability (e.g.
extended precision trig, complex numbers, etc.).

I would like to make this module available to Windows users but have
neither the development environment nor the interest to get the module
to build for the standard Python distribution. I am requesting the help
of a developer who is familiar with building extension modules and
understands C++ porting issues.

I don't think my code is the issue, since it builds with distutils.
However, it depends on two libraries (CLN and GMP) that look like they
have porting issues to a Windows platform. I suspect they can be made
to work with some of the GNU tools on Windows. The challenge is making
an extension module that contains all the required parts for the
standard Python distribution.

If you are a developer with the required skills and the time, I would
appreciate your help.